OnePlus started rolling out the Android 11 update back in late March, but pretty quickly it became apparent that there were issues with the new firmware, so the rollout was halted. Now, nearly a month later, the company has a hotfix that resolves the “unforeseen bugs” in the original release (the bugs themselves are never explicitly listed).
image credit)” width=”184″ height=”400″ src=”https://fdn.gsmarena.com/imgroot/news/21/04/oneplus-7-7t-android-11-update/popup/-x400/gsmarena_003.jpg”>
image credit)” width=”188″ height=”400″ src=”https://fdn.gsmarena.com/imgroot/news/21/04/oneplus-7-7t-android-11-update/popup/-x400/gsmarena_002.jpg”>
OnePlus 7 and 7T series receiving the OxygenOS 220.127.116.11 18.104.22.168
Here’s OxygenOS 22.214.171.124 for the OnePlus 7, 7 Pro, 7T and 7T Pro. This update has been rolling out over the weekend, but it goes in stages and only a limited number of users have received it. So, don’t worry if you haven’t received the notification yet, it’s coming (note: using a VPN to jump to the head of the queue might not work, some report that they can’t get it even through Oxygen Updater).
If you installed the original version 11 update, you should see the hotfix weighing in around 200 MB (depending on the device). This also includes the March security patch (the original firmware came with the February patch).
If you’re still running Android 10, then the update is over 2 GB, so be patient. And we’ll give you the bad news right now – there’s no Always On Display mode, not even on the Pro models seemingly (which had it working during the beta stages). Here’s the complete changelog:
- Update to OxygenOS 11 version
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Optimize the stability of some third-party applications and improve the experience
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2021.03
- Updated GMS package to 2021.01
- Since this is the upgrade of Android 11 version with many new features, the upgrade time may be longer. Please wait for the completion of the upgrade
- Updated the camera UI and optimized some of the function paths to offer more convenient operation
- Newly added HEVC codec to reduce video storage size seamlessly, capture and shoot more without compromising on quality
- Newly added access to a third-party app to share the picture by pressing and holding it in preview
- Newly added the quick access to recording mode by pressing and holding the shutter button and by sliding the button, you can easily zoom in or zoom out
- Newly added the playback display in Time-lapse mode to show the actual filming time
- Ambient Display
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock on ambient display)
- Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone（Path: Settings – Customization – Wallpaper – Canvas – Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically）
- Dark Mode
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable
- Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range (path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise/Custom time range)
- Game Space
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up and block, just for your immersive gaming experience
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Instagram, WhatsApp and Telegram (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out
- Newly shelf interface design, the interface is clearer
- Added weather widget, animation effect smarter
- Supporting Story function, automatically form weekly videos with photos and video in storage
- Optimize the loading speed of the gallery, and the image preview is faster
You can go to the OnePlus 7-series thread or the 7T series thread for more information. Some users are still complaining about bugs (mostly camera/gallery related), but for others the update seems to be working smoothly.