Introduction and specs
Oppo’s release schedule for its F-series is all over the place so, in less than a year, we now get the Oppo F19 Pro duo. Тhe one in the spotlight right now is the beefier Plus model. It features a more powerful chipset, a slightly better build and faster charging than its more affordable non-Plus sibling.
A quick skim through the specs sheet reveals a rather balanced hardware lead by the Dimensity 800U 5G and a bright, Super AMOLED display. The battery seems to be dragging behind by today’s standards, and the fact that the panel caps at 60Hz might sway away some potential buyers. Hopefully, the 50W fast charging can compensate for the low capacity of the cell to some extent.
Oppo F19 Pro+ 5G specs at a glance:
- Body: 160.1×73.4×7.8mm, 173g; Gorilla Glass 5 front, glass back, plastic frame.
- Display: 6.43″ Super AMOLED, 430 nits (typ), 800 nits (peak), 1080x2400px resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, 409ppi.
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6853 Dimensity 800U 5G (7 nm): Octa-core (2×2.4 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55); Mali-G57 MC3.
- Memory: 128GB 8GB RAM; UFS 2.1; microSDXC (dedicated slot).
- OS/Software: Android 11, ColorOS 11.1.
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 48 MP, f/1.7, 25mm, 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF; Ultra wide angle: 8 MP, f/2.2, 16mm, 119˚, 1/4.0″, 1.12µm; Macro: 2 MP, f/2.4; Depth: 2 MP, f/2.4.
- Front camera: 16 MP, f/2.4, 26mm (wide), 1/3.09″, 1.0µm.
- Video capture: Rear camera: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/120fps; gyro-EIS, HDR; Front camera: 1080p@30fps.
- Battery: 4310mAh; Fast charging 50W, 100% in 48 min (advertised).
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (under display, optical); 3.5mm jack.
But as it’s usually the case with Oppo smartphones, the price tag will be the biggest challenge. Currently starting at around INR 24,000, the phone has quite a bit of competition from Xiaomi and Realme, with both companies offering competitive and arguably better models at lower prices.
People say that the devil is in the details, and we tend to agree. That’s why we spent some time with the F19 Pro+ 5G to see how it feels in person. It’s not always about the specs. For instance, Oppo is particularly proud of the F19 Pro+ 5G’s design and ergonomics. Even though the design doesn’t seem to be something out of the ordinary, the chassis is just 173g, and it’s just 7.8mm thick. The small 6.43-inch display just adds to the overall appeal in terms of portability.
Unboxing the Oppo F19 Pro+ 5G
The handset comes in a standard box with the usual user manuals, a 65W-compatible wall charger (the phone supports up to 50W), USB-A to USB-C cable, a protective case and a pair of earphones.